Services overview: Build a brighter future
Your family relationships are unique and come with complications. As a result, you need a customized solution that suits your needs.
I will work with you to find the best path forward for your specific situation.
Find your solution
With two decades of experience in Family Law, I draw on a variety of legal services — including collaboration and mediation — to help clients navigate family-related challenges with ease.
Full legal services
In a collaborative environment, the professional team helps to ensure both parties are able to express what is important to them and reach a resolution that satisfies everyone. The team also works to make sure everyone is making an informed decision, having all of the financial and legal information they need.
Collaboration legal services
- Legal advice specifically geared to your goals throughout the process
- You have the support of your legal advisor/advocate each step of the way
- You have the additional benefit of having a financial professional (when needed) and a family professional (when needed) to support both of you in determining what you need and how to move forward
- A successful Collaborative Process concludes with a legally binding separation agreement signed by both parties. The only remaining steps are to enforce the terms of the agreement (i.e. transfer property etc.) a—All kinds of issues can be addressed in collaboration including separation agreements, parenting plans, spousal and child support, property division, or even cohabitation agreements or pre-nuptial agreements.
All kinds of issues can be addressed in collaboration including separation agreements, parenting plans, spousal and child support, property division, or even cohabitation agreements or pre-nuptial agreements.
As a mediator, I work privately with you and your spouse to direct the discussion toward a positive conclusion. Not only will I ensure that both of your voices are understood and respected, but I will also offer my full support until a mutual agreement has been finalized.
Mediation legal services
- It is a completely private process that respects the private nature of your relationship and allows you to resolve your disputes involving the least amount of professionals as possible
- With my legal knowledge I help guide the two of you to discuss issues that are often addressed in a Separation Agreement and allow you an opportunity to discuss these items to determine what, if anything, needs to be in the agreement for your family.
- You share the cost for my services as a mediator and this often results in significant cost savings for the family. I also work with you both to gather the necessary financial documents required for the standard forms and calculations. This assists in a cost savings when you reach the stage of requiring independent legal advice.
- A successful mediation concludes when I prepare a draft Separation Agreement for you to review with your independent lawyers to ensure that you have all of the legal information and advice that you require to make an informed decision prior to signing the agreement. You sign the agreement with your lawyers to ensure that the agreement is legally binding.
Many issues can be resolved through mediation. We can discuss parenting issues, division of contents, division of property, child and spousal support, interim or final financial arrangements. Mediation can also be used to develop a cohabitation agreement or marriage contract.
Additional Legal Services
- Independent Legal Advice for Domestic Contracts (Separation Agreements, Cohabitation Agreements, Marriage Contracts)
- Negotiation and Drafting of Domestic Contracts including Separation Agreements, Cohabitation Agreements, Marriage Contracts, Parenting Plans
- Estate Planning, Preparation or Revision of Wills, Powers of Attorney for Property and Powers of Attorney for Personal Care
- Estate Administration
- Limited Retainers and Unbundled Services for Family matters
- Step-Parent and Relative Adoption Applications and Independent Legal Advice
- Representation of Children through the Office of the Children’s Lawyer